This is the first location of the chain in Minnetonka, adding to the more than 1,000 Sport Clips across the country.
“What’s better than being in a relaxing environment, where sports are on TV everywhere you look, with well-trained stylists and no need for an appointment when it’s time for a haircut?” said Andrea Zimmerman, who owns the new SportClips, and locations in Blaine, Maplewood, Cottage Grove and Stillwater. “Those are just a few reasons why we know SportClips will be a hit for the guys here.”
SportClips offers clients:
- The MVP Experience – precision haircut, massaging shampoo, steamed towel treatment, and neck and shoulder massage
- Stylists who specialize in male hair care and stay up-to-date on industry trends
- Haircut services without an appointment – walk-ins are welcome
- Large, flat-screen televisions playing sports programming at each haircut station and in the lobby, along with reading materials
- Special lighting and massaging chairs in the shampoo area to promote relaxation
- Male-focused hair care and styling products
Currently, the new location is offering $10 haircuts (regular price: $17), and ongoing, SportClips provides free “MVP upgrades,” including a massaging shampoo, hot steamed towel treatment, and neck and shoulder massage, to all first-time clients who purchase a haircut service.
SportClips in Minnetonka is open Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m., Saturday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.