Do you know a young person who is changing the world? Here's a great way to honor him or her.
The Caring Youth awards are sponsored by the cities of Golden Valley, Hopkins and Minnetonka, the Hopkins and Minnetonka school districts, and the Glen Lake Optimists.
The nomination deadline is Monday, Feb. 3.
Who can receive an award?
Nominees must be in grades 7 through 12 and meet one of the following criteria:
- Live, attend school or volunteer in Golden Valley, Hopkins or Minnetonka.
- Volunteer work must be unpaid and not a requirement for a class, a co-curricular program, or an award received through another organization.
What qualifies a nominee as a “Caring Youth?”
- A Caring Youth takes the initiative to identify a need in the community then volunteers in a way that helps meet that need. The nominee should have some personal passion for the cause for which they are volunteering, and it should be an activity that resulted in the nominee “stretching” themselves beyond their normal comfort zone.
Who may nominate someone for a Caring Youth award?
- The nominee must be nominated by a member of the organization for which they volunteered, or by someone who was closely involved with the volunteer activity.
- Nominations may not be submitted by a family member of the nominee.
How do I nominate someone?
- Fill out the online form.
- Or return the Word or PDF versions of the form via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, via fax to 952.939.8244, or via mail to Caring Youth Awards, Attn: Jacque Larson, City of Minnetonka, 14600 Minnetonka Boulevard, Minnetonka, MN 55345.
- Deadline is Monday, February 3, 2014.
Selection process and awards information
- The selection committee will meet in mid-February to choose recipients.
- Caring Youth will be selected by the committee based on their personal commitment and their positive impact on the community. No set number of awards will be given.
- Award recipients, their nominators, their families, school personnel, city officials and members of the local media will be invited to an awards ceremony Thursday, March 20.