Minnetonka Public Schools: The Arts Center on 7
The Arts Center on 7 is located just off Highway 7 connected to Minnetonka High School. Being attached to the school, The Art Center really integrates both the students and community. Through out the course of the year, students and community actors alternately take part in plays and performances. The center gives highschool students the opportunity to explore their interests in music, acting and set design in four different shows a year. The students perform two musicals, a comedy and a competitive one act play.
The Arts Center is home to the Minnetonka Theatre, the Music Association of Minnetonka and Minnetonka High School Performing Arts. There are two theaters, one for large staged plays which seats nearly 700 patrons and another more intimate, black box stage setting that seats just about 200. In addition to performances, The Art Center on 7 has rehersal rooms and stages available to rent hourly for a variety of different uses.
Tickets can be purchased at the box office during regular school hours and online 24hrs a day.
- Hours: The box office is open during regular school hours and performances vary from show to show.
- Handicap Accessible: Handicapped parking and access ramps
- Private parties: Yes
- Alcohol served: No
- Parking: Free lot
- Restrictions: No alcohol
- Public/Private: Public
- Religious affiliation: NONE
- How engaged is the school with the community?: The Art Center on 7 is attached to the Minnetonka High School and is very interactive with both the students and the local community putting on performances alternatively.
- Music specialties: Blues, Classical, Folk, Jazz, Latin, Rock