Minnetonka bus riders will have a chance to share their thoughts at two meetings in April on proposed route consolidations that could reduce service and lengthen ride times.
Five west metro bus routes in the area are under review for consolidation—664, 665, 667E, 670 and 671. The biggest proposed cut near Minnetonka is a portion of Route 670 on Highway 7 between of 17th Avenue in Hopkins and County Road 101 in Minnetonka.
The meetings take place:
- from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. Monday, April 1 at the in the Hopkins Meeting Room and
- from 7 p.m. to 8 p.m. Wednesday, April 3 at the in Meeting Room 172.
The Metropolitan Council will also receive comments on the proposed policies through the following means:
- Writing: Metropolitan Council, 390 N. Robert St., St. Paul, 55101
- Fax: 651-602-1464
- TTY: 651-291-0904
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Record comments on the council’s public comment line at 651-602-1500
Comments must be received by 5 p.m. April 15.
The recommendations arise from a region-wide Metropolitan Council study of possible service reductions and consolidations in express bus operations. The routes identified have about 25 passengers per trip on average, with the evening average of Route 670 at 19.3 passengers.
The changes would take effect in late August 2013.