Parents Talk: 'He Put What In His Nose?'

What's the oddest, weirdest, grossest, funniest thing your kid has put in a place it didn't belong?

For three years, Salt Lake City dad Craig Lasson had no idea why his son, Isaak, couldn't breathe.

Doctor and after doctor prescribed antibiotics for what appeared to simply be another sinus infection.

Boy, were they ever wrong.

Turns out poor Isaak had a wheel-shaped Lego up his nose. The Lego, swaddled in a ball of fungus, had caused the 6 year-old problems eating, sleeping and breathing for three years until a new doctor finally discovered the tiny toy in his schnoz.

When asked by the doctor whether he'd put anything in his nose recently, Isaak responded, "I put some spaghetti up there, but that was a long time ago."

That said, what's the weirdest, grossest, oddest thing your child put in a place it didn't belong? Tell us in the comments below.

Laurie Buck August 16, 2012 at 10:04 PM
My son...in Middle School...was involved in a Science Project using magnets. Round Button Magnets. STRONGLY magnetized magnets. Had them at home playing with them and thought it would be funny to put one in each nostril to see if they would stick. They did. Couldn't get them out--screaming kid, $75 trip to the E.R.. It took about 5 people to hold him down and pull them out.
Becky Glander August 17, 2012 at 02:55 AM
Laurie, that's quite the story! He could have brought his findings to a science fair!
Sandra Schlaefer August 17, 2012 at 05:59 PM
When my son was about three he said his nose was sore and something about green. We thought he had a cold and tried to get him to blow his nose. It wasn't until a few days later, putting him to bed, laying beside him that I noticed something in his nose and yes, it was green. A green bead. I was ready to go to the ER but my husband wanted to try and get it out, which he did. We still have the green bead attached to the contraption my husband made to remove it.
Wendy Erlien August 17, 2012 at 06:05 PM
A friend of mine (who shall remain nameless) shared a story once about how her parents had given her some medication to help with a stuffy nose. Instead of swallowing the pills, she decided they would help better in the nose. And, up they went.
cindyella November 16, 2012 at 11:26 AM
http//www.louisvuittonoffi.com Louis Vuitton Official Website http//www.monclerjacketsoutletvip.co.uk Moncler Outlet http//www.goosevip.co.uk Canada Goose Outlet


More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »