Local car aficionados will embark on a driven memorial charity cruise on Sunday, Dec. 8 for Paul Walker’s charity Reach Out WorldWide.
The drive will allow people to pay their respects to Walker, and 100 percent of the proceeds will go to Reach Out Worldwide.
Walker, the successful actor in the Fast and Furious street-racing film series, died last Saturday afternoon in a fiery car crash in Los Angeles.
Reach Out Worldwide is a network of professionals with first responder skill-sets who augment local expertise when natural disasters strike in order to accelerate relief efforts.
Cars participating in the event will have a memorial decal on their vehicle and a ribbon on the driver’s side mirror.
The drive will leave from AutoMotorPlex’s parking lot at 1 p.m. and end at Mall of America at 2:30 p.m. Mall of America Theaters will be showing the original The Fast and the Furious on two theater screens at 4 p.m.
AutoMotorPlex is located at 8200 Audubon Road in Chanhassen.
- Starting from AutoMotorPlex’s parking lot.
- Head south on Audubon then left on Lake Drive West.
- Right onto Powers Boulevard and then continue straight to merge on 212 East.
- Continue to 212 East and merge onto I-694 East.
- I-694 East will turn into I-494 South.
- Take exit 2A for 24th Avenue and follow the cars into Mall of America lot.