The following was released by St. David's Center:
On Saturday, March 9, while it rained outside International Market Square, all of the glow could be found inside at our 2013 Make Them Shine Gala.
More than 500 guests filled the fabulously-decorated venue in support of critically-needed early intervention services at St. David's Center.
Some highlights of the 24th annual fundraiser include:
- The gala's first-ever emcee, KARE 11 Anchor Tim McNiff, kept guests up-to-speed on the events of the evening.
- U.S. Senator Amy Klobuchar welcomed guests via video and spoke of her passionate support for early childhood education and intervention, and the important work St. David's Center does every day to help children and families "reach the stars."
- Speed Painter T im Decker created two portraits -- Albert Einstein and the Statue of Liberty -- which sold for a combined total of $4,750 at the live auction.
- A tribute to St. David's Center Board Member Rachel Roen, who passed away suddenly last fall.
- Corporate Sponsors/Table Hosts: $97,700
- Individual Ticket Sales: $14,345
- Live Auction: $47,350
- Silent Auction: $27,570
- Light the Way: $68,075
- Raffles and cash donations: $14,813
Light The Way
Thank you to the Peterson and Snyder families for sharing their personal journey as part of the Light the Way program. Vincent's experience in the Family Place: Preschool Day Treatment program demonstrates the importance of the home visiting programs St. David's Center provides to children and families in need.
Through sharing their story, we exceeded our goal and raised $68,075 at the gala to support home visiting services in our community!
It's not too late to give; if you haven't already, please consider making a donation and lighting the way for children and families who are facing adversity.