2012 Empty Bowls Raises More Than $75,000
Volunteers dished out 1,350 servings of soup and bread.
The total includes $62,000 Challenge to the Community Fund
sponsored by Supervalu, Choices for Children/ACCRA Care
and 138 business, congregation, school and community leaders.
The 14th-annual event also chalked up the following totals:
- 1,022 bowls created by our students, staff, and community potters
- 32 Hopkins Public Schools art, music, and elementary teachers
- 218 volunteers and 473 entertainers of all ages
- 67 artist bowls and fine art for the silent auction
- 1,350 servings of soup and bread
- 47 sponsors of in-kind services
Empty Bowls is an event where attendees make a free-will donation; choose their favorite bowl from among 1,000s created by local artists, students and volunteers; enjoy a simple bowl of soup and bread and return home with the bowl. There was also musical entertainment, and professional artists donated bowls and related art for the silent auction.