No Oscars Yet, But Some Movies Have Been Shot in Minnetonka
When you’re done watching the Oscars, see if you can spot the local landmarks in these films.
You won’t find a Walk of Fame in Minnetonka, but the community is no stranger to the silver screen.
A handful of movies have had scenes shot in Minnetonka, according to the Internet Movie Database.
Check out these films and see which local landmarks you can spot.
- Release date: 1972
- IMDb summary: “A man tells his story of how he became unstuck in time and abducted by aliens.”
- Stars: Kurt Vonnegut Jr. (novel), Michael Sacks, Ron Leibman, Eugene Roche
- Nominated for a Golden Globe.
- Release date: 2003, short film
- IMDb summary: “Writing Backwards" perplexes the audience through the mind of the directors thought process when coming up with this innovative new look at what a story is all about.”
- Stars: Perry John Thompson, Paul Bergeland, Luc Rouffaud
- Release date: 2007
- IMDb summary: “Four grown men compete in an Easter egg hunt organized by a friend who takes the holiday tradition way too seriously.”
- Stars: Adam Anderson, Brent Augustinack, Chris Marcy
- Release date: 2011
- IMDb summary: “An insurance agent looking for a way out of frigid Wisconsin is blackmailed by an unstable locksmith in the theft of a rare violin that belongs to a retired farmer.”
- Stars: Greg Kinnear, Billy Crudup, Alan Arkin